Finance Subject Matter Expert – Transformation Projects
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as theFinance Subject Matter Expert – Transformation ProjectsinCentre -London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
Save the Children International (SCI) is undergoing significant transformation across multiple core business procedures, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of organisational change projects.
One programme is CAPP (Coding, Agresso, PPM PRIME) which has four core strands:
- Deploys a new global financial data model and finance system (Agresso). This is referred to as Coding Project.
- Introduce a new project management methodology (PMM) to improve the quality of our programming for children.
- Deliver a technology solution (PRIME) that enables the new PMM.
- Deliver this solution not only to Save the Children International but also across the Save the Children Membership.
The CAPP programme has developed a global solution, which includes the changes to core systems (Agresso, TIM, AMS, TAR) and new system implementation (PRIME and Reporting Portals). This role will contribute to the deployment of the solution to SCI Centre, Regional and Country Offices and will support the interactions related to downstream impacts to the processes for Member Offices. The Finance SME will prepare offices to embed the Global Financial Data Model in their day to day by assessing impact to their key financial processes (e.g., budgeting and recording expenditure) and adaptation for any localisation needed for reporting requirements and mapping between data models.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability to identify and assess alternative options and proposals.
- Strong collaboration skills, a team player, able to work collaboratively with different individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a variety of audiences; attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to understand different contexts and perspectives and adjust communication style based upon this as required.
- Experience with and a strong technical understanding of financial management processes in a large multi-lateral organisation, ideally within an NGO.
- Experience of with financial systems (ideally Agresso) and implementing improvements.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully and independently managing their own workload and that of others where required, including the ability to plan, prioritise and organise complex and varied work to meet tight deadlines with capability to assess when to ask for guidance/advise/inputs and showing persistence while fostering good working relationships across teams.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, especially excel.
We can offer circa £48,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.