Chief of Party-Strengthening Local Level Health Systems (SLLHS), Bangladesh
Save the Children is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Strengthening Local Level Health Systems program in Bangladesh. The program focuses on improving health outcomes for all Bangladeshis. This will be done through support to local health authorities to strengthen systems to deliver quality, equitable and integrated public health services. This senior leadership position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation, and overall quality assurance of the project. This role will also provide technical assistance on evidence-based planning, governance and strengthening local health system enabling environment. The COP will be Save the Children’s primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. This position will collaborate with relevant Ministries and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity strengthening at the community, regional, and national levels and sustainability of the project interventions. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Save the Children’s regulations. The project must be designed to align closely with the current objectives of the Government of Bangladesh so that activities are complementary and create sustainability.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program.
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among relevant government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs, and other key stakeholders.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Establish compliance with USG regulations, procedures, and Save the Children guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with the SC offices in administrative and HR matters, especially regarding operations and financial matters as they relate to the program.
- Represent Save the Children with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, relevant ministries, and the country office team.
- Establish effective communication and coordination with personnel from the government to implement interventions and incorporate country-wide priorities.
- Actively participate as a member of the Country Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), contributing to country strategic plans.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence.
- Incorporate SC’s vision and values and full adherence to Code of Conduct principles.
- Closely monitor security dynamics in the project areas and report to the Country Director on significant changes in the security context.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of seven to 10 years of professional experience designing, managing, and implementing large and complex programs in this technical area.
- At least five years of senior program experience working and living in Bangladesh.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in resource-constrained environments is important.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s Degree in relevant areas of expertise or international development.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party or Deputy COP on similar project.
- Knowledge of national language preferred.
Qualified national candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.