Business Analyst, Waliku- Consultant (Anywhere in Asia)
Waliku is a Save the Children technology team that provides bespoke solutions for digital data capture and analytics on learner education and well-being. Since inception in 2016, Waliku has grown from a proof-of-concept study and pilot to supporting Save the Children projects in multiple sites globally. At Waliku we provide technology for development (T4D) solutions, which include a suite of digital tools, analytics, an accompanying implementation toolkit and value-added services. In doing so, we expect projects and particularly educators, be it in formal or non-formal schooling, can recognize and address gaps in learner attendance, education progression, health and well-being in a timely manner.
End users of our tools could be project office staff, frontline workers, or counterparts in the community- district education officers, school supervisors, school principals / administrators, teachers, community educators, parents and caregivers. In connecting various stakeholders digitally, we also facilitate communication and coordination between them to meet children’s right to education, well-being and achieving their fullest potential.
The Waliku team is seeking a business analyst to support the scale up of our support across multiple projects and countries.
- Product Backlog
- Elicit requirements for software development.
- Document, analyze and evaluate requirements gathered. Work out deliverables such as Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Translate technical information into business language to ensure understanding of the requirements by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Assisting in Product Development
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Support the product manager and other team members in planning deliverables, scope, schedule, and other aspects of the project.
- Managing JIRA tool / JIRA Projects
- QA / UAT Testing
- Perform testing activities.
- Prepare and perform the functional testing to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Utilize query tools to confirm data quality and investigate questions
- Documentation / Training
- Prepare necessary documentation and training content.
- Conduct orientation sessions.
- Helpdesk Support
- Track, resolve and escalate issues from projects while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Utilize query tools to confirm data quality and investigate issues.
- Dashboard Analytics
- Understand dashboards & reports.
- Support Analytics team on testing activities.
- Familiarity with SQL queries will be a bonus.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Act as a liaison between Waliku Team, client projects and engineering teams, ensuring clear communication and understanding of requirements
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 28 September 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.