MEAL Officer - Badulla
The MEAL officer will be responsible for implementing the project MEAL plan and activities for a particular province and he/she will work with close supervision by the Senior MEAL Manager or MEAL Coordinator. He/she will also responsible for coordinating regular and timely data collection activities using monitoring tools developed for the project and support MEAL Coordinator and Senior MEAL Manager to conduct a regular review of performance of the project at district & national level.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Manager MEAL or MEAL Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Plays a key role in assigned district implementing MEAL plan of activities and capturing quantitative and qualitative data and ensures the data is of good quality and in line with the project’s MEAL framework and guidelines,
- Collect data on a regular basis and maintain a database at district level to measure achievement against the performance indicators,
- Working directly with relevant government counterparts for joint-monitoring visits,
- Maintain the quality of the data by random verifications and validation process,
- Conducts field visits on the project activities to observe proper and timely implementation and that those activities conform to project objectives and targets,
- Conducts preliminary analysis of data on a monthly and quarterly basis to identify trends, and whether district targets are being met or not,
- Provide technical inputs and support to Senior MEAL Manager, MEAL Coordinator, and project team to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project reports, field workplans,.. etc..,
- Conduct capacity building activities on MEAL for community mobilizers, partners, Joint Sourcing Groups and staff to ensure understanding and quality implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research systems,
- Provide necessary support and work closely with Food Monitors regarding the monitoring of food distributing activities,
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the Senior MEAL Manager or MEAL Coordinator.
- Provide technical support to the Senior MEAL Manager to conduct all project reviews and evaluation activities, including coordinating data collection, as necessary, for the baseline assessment, midterm and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews;
- Document project successes and challenges with human interest success stories attached with field photos on a quarterly basis,
- Provide technical support to the Senior M&E Manager to develop a learning agenda for the project,
- Support Senior MEAL Manager to conduct quarterly progress review meetings, analyse and present findings based on regular monitoring data,
- Support to set up the project complaint and feedback mechanism at district level
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Social Science, Information Technology or any other related discipline.
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in MEAL related work, preferably with an international organization,
- Previous experience with data management including planning, collecting, entering, analyzing, and storing data
- Capacity-building experience is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil or Sinhala
- Quick learner with ability to think creatively;
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community/child participation, accountability with right based approaches.
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission and values of Save the Children
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others
- Flexibility and commitment to work extended hours as and when required
- Trilingual fluency
Date advertised: 21 Nov 2020
Closing date: 2 Dec 2020 - 23:59 +0530
Location: Badulla, Sri Lanka
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time