International Market Development Lead (Planning and Strategic Investment)
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the International Market Development Lead (Planning and Strategic Investment) at any existing Save the Children International office location.
The International Market Development Lead (Planning and Strategic Investment) is a key role in the Global Fundraising and Marketing Hub and will have oversight across all markets and be responsible for planning to maximise net revenue from members through supporting rigorous data analysis and market insight as well as developing robust mechanisms (such as the Performance Fund) to deliver strategies for investment at Member and Global level. They will lead on selected priority cross cutting strategic projects as well as providing partnering support and engagement directly to selected priority markets. They will provide strategic advice, support and expertise to Fundraising Directors on strategic growth projects and investment planning in markets with high potential to increase their revenue from private sector sources.
The role will be a key leader within the team - working with other senior Hub managers, especially the Director and the other International Market Development Leads, to help determine how and where we deploy Hub global specialists and global investment resource in line with a strategic investment approach to develop and deliver the targets in our Global Funding Framework (through our Global Fundraising and Marketing Operating Frame). This role will also require a very strong working relationship with the Analytics team to ensure we are optimizing our market performance analysis and reporting to key stakeholders to make better decisions and ensure good investment stewardship, to identify opportunities in Members for growth or improvement and to demonstrate impact and value added of Hub resources.
As a senior staff member, both in the directorate tasked with leading on delivery of the Global Funding Framework (which includes Institutional Funding) and in the Global Fundraising and Marketing Hub, you would be called on to represent the team in cross-organisational working groups and work streams at the international level.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who can work strategically and tactically as an effective leader in a complex federal organization internationally.
The key areas of the role can be summarized as:
- Helping develop FR and Marketing Directors as a global leadership community focussing strategically on areas of collective action and shared ownership – including through organizing twice-yearly planning meetings as well as Quarterly Global Reports.
- Managing Member partnering and accountability systems and developing new ways of Hub / Member and Member / Member support and accountability to ensure Hub resource is utilized effectively.
- Developing selected cross-cutting marketing strategic projects as agreed with the Director
- Developing financial investment planning best practice at both SCI and Member levels including developing and managing new investment funds, such as the Performance Fund, as well as critical reporting processes including a strong ROI focus.
- Leading the Hub’s work on measuring its impact and communicating that to key stakeholders
- Working with a small portfolio of markets to provide business partnering support and engagement.
- Deputizing for the Director in key meetings and through strategic project working
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have worked at the Fundraising Director / Senior Consultant level with experience in multiple countries as well as participating as a fundraising leader in a networked international organisation
- Strong background in individual giving is essential with an emphasis on regular monthly giving including multi-channel with digital as a critical enabler
- Experience across all areas of fundraising at a leadership level desirable (e.g. corporate, major donors, trusts and foundations and legacies/bequests)
- Track record as a leader of a high performing team delivering significant revenue growth
- Track record of delivering strategic and operational plans and target setting across a full fundraising portfolio with a focus on achieving growth
- Strong analytical skills and evidence of using market and consumer insight to drive decision-making as well as rigour in reviewing KPIs to drive actions to improve performance
- High level influencing skills including with CEOs, SLTs and boards of not-for-profit organisations
- Experience of fundraising from emergency appeals demonstrating the transformational impact of effective emergency marketing
- Ability to identify and coach talent in fundraising teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the gravitas to inspire and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- An inclusive and confident senior player who is extremely adaptable to work in a fast moving environment and who is comfortable with dealing with constant change
- Whilst determined to achieve results on behalf of members, you need to have a collaborative approach
- Restless to seek improvements in cross-organisational ways of working
- Energy, drive, and belief in the values and mission of Save the Children, including a strong commitment to safeguard the wellbeing of children as set out in our Child Protection Policy
- Willingness to travel when necessary but strong remote working skills and approach will be the norm
- Willingness to work out of conventional office hours when an emergency strikes.
We can offer circa £60,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 18 Nov 2021
Closing date: 7 Dec 2021 - 05:29 +0530
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time