Human Resources Business Partner, TE Transformation & One Humanitarian Team
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Human Resources Business Partner, TE Transformation & One Humanitarian Team at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is undergoing a significant period of change. The Technical Expertise (TE) Transformation project aims to ensure that Save the Children has the right technical capacity and capability, in the right place, accelerating change for children. Similarly, One Humanitarian Team is reviewing our global humanitarian capacity in members and SCI with the aim of improving how we function as a global team in order to deliver better for children affected by crisis, conflict and disaster. Both projects are reviewing where capacity sits within the organisation in order to be most effective.
The role holder will draw on their unique knowledge as a people professional, working closely with the Technical Expertise Transformation and One Humanitarian Team project teams to ensure we follow Save the Children policy and global best practice and that we are legally compliant in our approach to implementation of these changes.
You will build a strong understanding of Save the Children’s strategy, direction of travel and employee needs in order to deliver people solutions, which help to achieve our objectives and enable employee happiness and growth.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good organisational planning skills and a proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the business.
- Proven record of accomplishment of change management within a multi-disciplinary and multi-site organisation.
- Adaptable and flexible and be able to manage changing priorities.
- Supporting and influencing others, enabling effective working as a member of a team and in collaboration with staff and volunteers with full commitment to organisational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative style and approach, and ability to work effectively across cultures.
- Interpersonal awareness including listening and being able to consider different perspectives.
- Building relationships with team, managers, staff and volunteers.
- Proven experience of managing a wide range of UK employee relation’s casework and operating successfully in an advisory capacity with a generalist approach.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, ensuring that HR policy or development activity addresses the business needs, providing consistent, business relevant advice to senior line managers and other HR staff.
- Proactive with plenty of initiative.
- Knowledge and good understanding of diversity issues including some understanding of issues around gender, age, cultural sensitivity and a commitment to SCI’s values and principles of equal opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an excellent communicator with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Strong IT Skills
- Enthusiastic individual who has a positive attitude and is comfortable dealing with employee relations issues.
- Previous experience being involved in HR project work
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, confidence to communicate appropriately with clients at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience in a UK generalist HR role within a large, complex global organisation.
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practice across the full spectrum of HR activity including working with external counsel
- Experience of reviewing and drafting HR policies, procedures and guidelines and of developing and implementing systems (including IT systems).
- Experience of working closely with specialist HR staff including Reward, L&D & Recruitment Specialists.
- Awareness of good HR practice in relation to child safeguarding.
- Strong eye for detail, particularly when issuing/drafting legal documents e.g. secondment agreements, employment contracts.
We can offer circa £44,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 22 Nov 2021
Closing date: 7 Dec 2021 - 05:29 +0530
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Human Resources
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time