Global Internal Communications Lead
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Internal Communications Lead at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is the world’s first, and largest, independent children’s rights organisation. Our founder, Eglantyne Jebb, wrote the first draft for the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child in 1923, and we’ve worked to uphold it ever since. Generations later, her pioneering work is being influenced by children themselves. Today, we are still going strong, working in over 100 countries worldwide to build a world where every child can thrive, grow up healthy, educated and safe, and look forward to a future full of promise.
Our ambition for 2030 is to create a world in which all children:
- Survive: No child dies from preventable causes before their fifth birthday
- Learn: All children learn from a quality basic education
- Are Protected: Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
To deliver on these 2030 breakthroughs for children, Save the Children operates in three-year strategy cycles, and has developed an ambitious strategy for 2022-24, focused on transforming and amplifying impact for and with children.
In the last 12 months, the climate crisis has worsened, the conflict in Ukraine has displaced millions of people and children, and the ripple effects and aftermath of the pandemic have resulted in a cost of living crisis and worsening global hunger crisis at an unprecedented scale. Globally, 426 million children live in conflict zones in constant fear, their childhoods stolen. We are witnessing the worst child rights crisis in decades. The needs are greater than ever before and so is the urgency for us to scale our impact.
The Global Internal Communications Lead is responsible for developing and implementing Save the Children International’s internal communications strategy to engage employees across the organisation and inspire them to deliver our global strategy. This newly created role will shape how we communicate with and engage with our 25,000 staff across 118 countries around the world, and help build a dynamic team of innovative internal communicators.
This role will lead and develop an exciting new Global Internal Communications unit and sits within the wider global Communications and Engagement team. This new unit is responsible for developing and delivering simple, informative and inspiring communications that will ensure our staff feel valued, motivated and proud to work as part of our global movement.
The Global Internal Communications Lead will develop an internal audience strategy, design our internal engagement metrics and develop new ways to engage our people. The post holder will work collaboratively with communications and HR teams, our strategy function and the CEO’s office, and act as a key focal point for senior stakeholders across the organisation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Proven success in developing and implementing internal communications strategies
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality communications, products or tools targeting a diverse range of audiences
- Experience developing measurement frameworks for internal communications
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience in developing and managing communications content and tools and making best use of content
- Experience building and leading a team is desirable
- Experience working in a complex, global environment, and engaging senior stakeholders is desirable
- Written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to distil large amounts of information for diverse audiences; skills in other languages would be an advantage
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple demands and competing priorities, while maintaining high quality standards
- Innovative thinker, enjoys developing and testing new ideas and ways of addressing issues or driving engagement
- Great ability to work as part of a team within a networked structure, and to maintain good working relationships with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities
- Demonstrated commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
We can offer circa £55,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 21 Sep 2022
Closing date: 11 Oct 2022 - 05:29 +0530
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Communications and Media
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time