Campaign Lead, Shift - Asia (Homebased in Asia)
- Are you an experienced campaigner who loves the idea of supporting young people around the world to develop and deliver creative campaigns for good?
- Join a small team responsible for a ‘startup’ within one of the world’s largest child rights agencies.
Shift is an innovative campaign accelerator model developed within Save the Children that provides young leaders (aged 14-25 years) with access the tools, resources, funding, and networks they need to design and implement impactful community campaigns, on issues that matter most to them.
We seek a dynamic leader with experience in community activism, facilitation and creative campaigning (in particular experience working alongside young people), to become our new Shift focal point for Asia!
Reporting directly to the Global Director of Shift, you will be a key member of a small global team within Save the Children who are responsible of supporting country teams to successfully implement our model. Your role will be to support Shift Fun Adults (project leads) across up to seven Asian countries, including Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar and the Philippines - with more countries coming on board.
You are the ultimate ‘Fun Adult’ in Asia. A ‘Fun Adult’ is a leader and mentor of Shift projects, and your role will be to support all of our Fun Adults (SCI Staff) across Asia to better support young activists to influence the world around them.
You’re probably someone with experience working with adolescents or youth to influence change through creative activism or governance programming. You know the attributes of a good mentor and know how to develop these attributes in others. You are probably creative yourself and understand how to use creative arts and media to influence society. And you understand how to co-create with young people to empower them to lead. For you, it’s more than just a job. You love getting up in the morning to help young people make their world better. You probably also have a great music and film collection.
If you see yourself in the statements below, introduce yourself to us. Go for it!
I am a Facilitator
- You have experience co-creating solutions, especially with young people.
- You will learn our Shift methodology; help people across Asia localise it and teach our methods across a wide range of cultural contexts.
- You will help each country develop co-design workshops and may even help co-facilitate or at least be on hand to ensure that our planning sessions with young people are a wonderful experience for all involved.
I am a campaigner or activist
- You will understand how to campaign and why campaigning can be an effective way to influence positive change.
- You will understand the different platforms and tactics that can be used to reach and influence target audiences across Asia. You will be able to work with Shift project leads to brainstorm campaign strategies with youth, in line with the platforms available.
- You will be creative and understand how to surround Shifter’s with creative people who can take their campaigns to the next level through music, film, art and other multimedia.
- You will understand how to measure impact and show how campaigns have shifted the needle towards progress, as well as how Shift itself has influenced participants.
I am a networker
- You will have experience in relationship management and will develop positive and effective relationships with Shift leaders across all countries.
- Those leaders will feel supported by you to lead their projects and will reach out to you on a regular basis for support or to access others within the global support team.
- You won’t lead projects yourself, but you will be critical to a country team’s success. Our country teams will love working with you and will feel supportive throughout their implementation period.
- You know how to develop networks and will look to build partnerships around Shift, providing our teams and ultimately youth themselves with more chances for success.
- You will understand how creatives and creative agencies work from brief and production to execution.
I am a motivator
- You will motivate Shift country leads and provide advice to them on how to maintain the motivation of young people leading change through Shift projects.
- You will be a natural motivator, an expert in facilitation and will inspire people with your spirit of positively and passion for positive change.
I am a storyteller
- You will look for positive stories to tell across the continent and will capture these stories through writing and multimedia, to be used on Shift’s digital channels.
- You will support countries developing their own storytelling content, including youth-led impact films.
- You will monitor the progress of all Shift projects across Asia and will keep the global team informed on this progress.
I am an Innovator
- You respect lessons from the past, but also have a healthy appetite to try things and do things differently to reach a better outcome.
- You’re a self-starter and bring your ideas and energy into new situations. You surprise your boss with things they would never have come up with, and they love you for it.
- You realise that your job isn’t always to have the answer, but to provide the right kind of environment where others do.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 5 Feb 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 19 Jan 2023
Closing date: 6 Feb 2023 - 05:29 +0530
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time